(good source for upcoming events)STEAMBOAT SKI RESORT
(local newspaper)STRINGS MUSIC FESTIVAL (
music festivals and concerts)ROUTT COUNTY ASSESSOR
Fun Facts (courtesy Steamboat Chamber)
Location and Geography:
Steamboat is located 160 miles Northwest of Denver and lies against the Western Ridge of the Continental Divide, surrounded by national forest and wilderness areas. The Yampa River begins in the Flat Tops Wilderness Area, flows through downtown Steamboat and eventually meets the Green River in Dinosaur National Monument. Along with the two ski areas (Mt Warner and Howelsen) Steamboat boasts 150 plus natural springs, lakes and rivers.
Summers are mild with average high of 82 degrees, Winters average annual snowfall is 349"
- City of Steamboat Springs: 12,100
- Routt County: 23,513
- Downtown: 6,696'
- Ski Area Base 6,900' to 10,568'
- Medicine Bow/Routt National Forest: 5,500' to 12,940
- Mt Zirkel Wilderness: Fifteen Peaks reach 12,000' with Mt. Zirkel the highest at 12,180'
- Flat Tops Wilderness: Devil's Causeway 11,600'
- Hahn's Peak Village: 8,128' Hahn's Peak Summit: 10,839'